Vina Online Exam System
What is "Vina Online Exam System" or VOS ?
- Vina Online Exam System is a web script which written by CodeIgniter framework, use MySQL for storing all related data.
- It uses Twitter bootstrap v3.x for enhancing GUI and supporting responsive design and JQuery AJAX to interact with backend.
- The main purpose of this script is for creating online exams and practices.
- Users all over the world can take free and paid exams to get some certificates and improve their knowledge with free practices.
- Finally,after finish exams,they can view results, even corrects answers and share their best results with friends on Facebooks,Twitter, Google Plus... Moreover, they can download certificates.
- There are many more exicting features,you can discover these features later.
- Support unlimited questions and answers
- Support 4 types of question:
+ One answer (single choice) question
+ Multiple answer (multiple choices) question
+ True/False question
+ Fill in the blank question
- Support displaying picture, audio, video in question
- Support TOEIC exam format
- Free and paid exam (paid exam via Paypal)
- Support view exam's result in website and via Email
- Share exam's result via social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest
- Download exam's certificate of website (PDF format)
- Support multilingual
- Support responsive design
- Support rich features for administrator.They are:
+ Users management (create,insert,update,delete, login)
+ Categories management (supports multiple-level categories)
+ Question management (supports 4 types of question with audio,video for each question )
+ Papers management (a paper is a set of questions,which will used for creating an exam or practice)
+ Exams management (admin can create,update, delete an exam, assign users to take exam)
+ Practices management (like Exam but pratice is created for pratising, improving,revising knowledge purpose)
+ Exam's Parts management (for TOEIC exam)
+ Exam's Groups of Question management (for TOEIC exam)
Login as administrator : admin / 123456
Login as user: test1 / 123456
Installation InstructionsHow to setup VOS on your server
- Step 1: Upload VOS script to your host.
+ For example: after extract VOS zip file, a folder may be "vos_ci"
+ Upload this folder "vos_ci" to your host (inside public_html folder or something else)
- Step 2: Create a database on your host , run all scripts in vos.sql in folder database inside folder "vos_ci" to create all tables and necessary data for VOS can run.
- Step 3: Open config.php in folder application\config inside folder "vos_ci"
+ Find this content : $config['base_url'] = 'http://localhost:8080/ci/';
+ Replace 'http://localhost:8080/ci/' with your host URL, may be 'http://yourdomain.com/vos_ci/'
- Step 3: Open database.php in folder application\config inside folder "vos_ci"
+ Find these content :
$db['default']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$db['default']['username'] = 'root';
$db['default']['password'] = 'root';
$db['default']['database'] = 'exam';
+ Replace with your created database information
- Open config.php and change needed information below:
/* --- Facebook -------------- */
$config['facebook_app_id'] = '1590936741137031ddd';
$config['facebook_app_secret'] = 'b4bff590b88445368c922bea23fee404xx';
$config['facebook_callback_uri'] = 'auth/facebook_callback';
/* --- Twitter -------------- */
$config['twitter_app_id'] = 'my8ga2JUVlWYqX5RD8keZzYaCddd';
$config['twitter_app_secret'] = 'Be3OubtcwtcvYGtGgtIG263emp9YZYebYHTk8vAri8VbUR4E3Ndd';
$config['twitter_callback_uri'] = 'auth/twitter_callback_handle';
/* --- Paypal -------------- */
$config['paypal_mode'] = 'sandbox'; // Paypal mode: 'sandbox' : for developer test or 'live' for real payment
$config['paypal_api_user_name'] = 'vxxx-facilitator_api1.gmail.com'; //PayPal API Username
$config['paypal_api_password'] = 'XABCMdddd3DM5NPM7Q2D'; //Paypal API password
$config['paypal_api_signature'] = 'AFcWdddxV21C7fd0v3bYYYRCpSSRl31AQh4.5npEJPFUcI3cjhddfkURRdd'; //Paypal API Signature
$config['paypal_currency_code'] = 'USD'; //Paypal Currency Code
$config['paypal_return_url'] = 'user/buy_exam'; //paypal return URL
$config['paypal_cancel_url'] = 'user/buy_exam'; //paypal cancel URL
$config['paypal_total_tax_amount'] = 2.58; //paypal total tax amount
$config['paypal_handling_cost'] = 2.00; //Handling cost for this order.
$config['paypal_shipping_insurance_cost'] = 1.00; //shipping insurance cost for this order.
$config['paypal_shipping_discount_cost'] = -3.00; //Shipping discount for this order. Specify this as negative number.
$config['paypal_shipping_cost'] = 3.00; //Although you may change the value later, try to pass in a shipping amount that is reasonably accurate.
/* --- Web's email -------------- */
$config['web_smtp_server'] = "xxx.yyy.com";
$config['web_smtp_port'] = 465;
$config['web_email_user_name'] = "email@example.com";
$config['web_email_password'] = "yourpass";
/* --- Gmail's email -------------- */
$config['gmail_smtp_server'] = "smtp.gmail.com";
$config['gmail_smtp_port'] = 465;
$config['gmail_email_user_name'] = "firstname.lastname@example.org";
$config['gmail_email_password'] = "yourpass";
- Step 4: Access home page at URL: 'http://yourdomain.com/vos_ci/auth/home_page'
- On home page,fill informaton on login form to login
- There are two roles : Administrator and User
- Login as administrator: user name/password = admin/123456
- Login as user: user name/password = test1/123456