Capture Manager SDK Light - new solution for capturing live video and audio from web cameras on Windows OS
Capture Manager SDK Light allows you include into your software solutions easy supporting of working with web cameras. This SDK is based on Microsoft Media Foundation which is included into the regular Windows OS editions.
Microsoft Media Foundation is new technology of Microsoft which was introduced since Windows Vista, but only since Windows 7 it has got supporting of interfaces for capturing video and audio from web cameras.
Reason to use this SDK
For long time the main technology of capturing video and audio on Windows OS was DirectShow. I wrote many applications which included working with web cameras via DirectShow, but since programming on Windows 8 I found unpleasant fact - old code which worked well on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 had started work with some problems on Windows 8. After some researching I found that Microsoft had introduced Media Foundation and had limited working of DirectShow with the new generation of web cameras. I spent much time on researching of that new thechnology and wrote two simple libraries for capturing live video from web cameras by Microsoft Media Foundation: Capturing Video from Web-camera on Windows 7 and 8 by using Media Foundation and Capturing Live-video from Web-camera on Windows 7 and Windows 8. However, Microsoft Media Foundation is more powerful and allows to build complex solutions for viewing, recording, broadcasting live video and audio from web cameras, but it is difficult technology for understanding of it. I have decided to write simple SDK which can hide the main difficult parts of Microsoft Media Foundation and can present only the most interesting aspects of that technology. Freeware version of this SDK is presented by link Capture Manager SDK.
This commercial version of Capture Manager SDK Light has some unique features:
- Using encoders which are already embedded into Windows OS;
- Using Microsoft’s format of video and audio files;
- Capturing screen image into video file;
- Capturing speaker audio signals into audio file;
- Support recording synchronised video and audio from web camera;
- Support recording synchronised video from many web cameras into the one video file;
- Support recording synchronised video and audio from many web cameras and screen capture into the one media file;
- Support steaming live video and audio from many web cameras and screen captute into the local network and the Internet;
- Easy way for changing of web camera options: brightness, contrast, focus and others;
- Easy way for changing of encoder settings;
CaptureManager SDK Light has many encoders and media containers. They include video encoder:
- Microsoft H264.
- Microsoft AAC.
- MP4 format.
webcamera properties are extended:
- Power line frequency;
- Amount of digital zoom;
- Upper limit for the amount of digital zoom.
Capture Manager SDK Light content:
- CaptureManagerSDKDemo - collection of demo programs (EVRWebCapViewerViaCOMServer - C++, OpenGLWebCamViewer - C++, OpenGLWebCamViewerViaCOMServer - C++, CaptureManagerToCSharpProxy - C#, WPFSourceInfoViewer - C#, WPFWebViewerCall - C#, WPFWebViewerCallback - C#, WPFWebViewerEVR - C#, WPFRecording - C#, ScreenStreamer - C#, WPFWebCamSerialShots - C#, WPFWebCamShot - C#, WPFWindowScreenRecorder - C#, PythonDemo - Python 2.7);
- CaptureManagerTypeInfo - collection files of COM interfaces;
- Help - documentation about Capture Manager SDK - CaptureManagerSDK.chm;
- x64 - collection files of Capture Manager SDK for development on x64 Windows OS;
- x86 - collection files of Capture Manager SDK for development on x86 Windows OS;
Released On: April 11, 2019
Add fast SSE2/SSSE3/SSE4.2 copy.
Released On: February 10, 2019
Released On: November 16, 2018
Add supporting of DirectShow Video Renderer.
Add WPFRtspServer demo program.
Add WPFDirectShowPlayer demo program.
Add DShowPlayer demo program.
Released On: September 10, 2018